Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New project!

Well.. I am still working on the Alamo of course, but started something else recently.  My grandma is moving out of her home of about 56 years and into an assisted living apartment.  I know part of her is looking forward to it-  a lot of her friends live there- but also sad because she has lived there for over half her life!  So I decided to make her a little something as a housewarming gift.  I got this kit with the UK World of Cross Stitching mag I think and thought she might like it.

I don't have any recent photos of the Alamo- but so far have just gotten a little more done on the trees on the far right.  Grandma is moving in July so I have been trying to make sure I put some time in on her project as well.

I forgot to mention in my last post about a "beauty club" I just joined- I guess that's what you would call it.. you get a monthly box of beauty samples - some are actually full size items- for only $10 plus tax.  I have been getting it for a couple of months and I really like it.  It's called Ipsy. Here are the items I got this month-
You get a different cosmetic bag every month as well.  There is a survey to fill out when you join, that helps them pick products you will like.  You can retake the quiz too if you want to change things up a bit.  This month I got an eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, lip gloss, trial perfume spray, and an anti-frizz cream for my hair.
This is my bag from last month-
I loved this bag- it was made of a soft canvas and very flexible, it is great for keeping makeup in my purse. This bag had an eyeshadow, sunscreen, moisturizer, a face mask, and some anti-frizz hair oil.  With my naturally curly hair and the humid summers here I am appreciating the anti-frizz products. If you'd like to check it out please use my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/a589.  Oh, and if you review the products in your bag you get points that you can accumulate and redeem for free items! It's a great way to treat yourself inexpensively. :)

Well hopefully I will have a bit more stitching progress for you in my next post- but until then here are my furbabies. ♥


a Kona selfie ;)





1 comment:

Margaret said...

What a lovely piece you picked to stitch for your grandma. Must be hard on her -- I'm sure the gift will be a great pick me up for her. Your pups are so adorable!

Fallen by Linda Castillo

  It's been a while! I have a book review for you today.  Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for allowing me to read an...